Monday, June 19, 2023

Juneteenth 2023 at Leimert Park - The Finale

Just like I called it, the last day of the annual Juneteenth festival at Leimert Park had a massive turnout, so much so that it took me 20 minutes to walk from the K Line station to a bench so I could relax.  As some of you can tell, this is probably the biggest event in all of South Central Los Angeles, maybe even bigger than the Taste Of Soul.

LA Metro K Line, Leimert Park Station

I couldn't even get any decent photos because the whole area was packed, from Vernon Avenue to MLK Boulevard.  Even the local buses (Lines 40, 105, 210, and DASH) had to detour because there were thousands of folks everywhere.  So far, this was the only other picture I was able to snap up.

DJ playing some old-school classics on the 1s & 2s

I got to communicate with some longtime buddies again and score some free Pocky sticks (I love that snack) while at the park, but that huge crowd had me feeling uneasy.  So I jumped right back on the K Line and got outta Dodge.  Big crowds leave me mentally overwhelmed.

So that ends this little miniseries on our yearly Juneteenth event here in Los Angeles, CA.  At least I don't have to worry for another year about the streets blocked off to where it's standing room only.

Y'all be good now!

No comments:

Post a Comment