Friday, January 17, 2014

20 Years Later - The Northridge Quake: My Story

I was nine years old when it happened.
It was 4:31am.
I felt a wild rumbling from my humble apartment in South Central Los Angeles, followed by my mother running in my room and covering me on the bed to shield me from any potential damage.
The only thing broken in our home was a large mirror that toppled over from the quake.
Soon after the quake, there was a blackout throughout L.A.
Everything else happened in a blur.  All I remember afterward was going downstairs in our building to a neighbor's apartment and talking with him and another family.  About of couple of hours later, the power was restored.
I may not have lived in Northridge, but my heart goes out to the people whose relatives and friends fell victim to this massive earthquake.  My thoughts and prayers are with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment