Monday, October 20, 2014

The 2014 Taste Of Soul

Saturday was a hell of a weekend...this much I can tell you.

October 18 was the day of the annual "Taste of Soul" festival here in Los Angeles.  Pretty much, any type of festival or event that happens on Crenshaw Boulevard (or anywhere in a known black community) is going to draw a big crowd.  Of course, I was leery about going due to the fact that I don't take well to big crowds when I'm by myself.  Luckily, I was with my mother and a couple of my cousins.  At least I managed to snap up a couple of halfway decent photos, though.  The camera on my Android phone is so crappy that I had to resort to using my mom's phone to get some dusk shots.

The first stage on Stocker St. 

The next stage on Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.

The main stage on Rodeo Rd.


By the way, that gorgeous, bald-headed, chocolate-skinned African king you see on the big screen in that last picture is R&B crooner Tyrese, native of Watts, California.  Big shout out to him, if he so happens to come across this blog (I want to have you don one of my crocheted crowns someday, Ty).

No comments:

Post a Comment