Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Potpourri - 10/23/2013

Man, if you only knew...

I'll be ecstatic once I graduate and get my degree.  Haven't had much time to make anything as of yet.  I guess you can say I've been suffering from "crafter's block."

Aside from those random thoughts, there's a reason why I call this post "Potpourri."  It is because I'm posting random thoughts.  Here goes...

Random Thought #1

A month ago, I found some beautiful wool-blend yarn.  Now that may be nothing to marvel at, but the location where I found it made me do a double take once I saw it.  It was at Walmart.  Of all places that I would find top quality wool-blend yarn, I'm surprised I would find it there!  And, it wasn't just any location.  I had found this yarn at what is considered to be the most ghetto, unkempt, low-brow store in Los Angeles.  That would be the Walmart in South Central L.A., located on the Crenshaw strip.  What was even crazier was that I found this yarn in the clearance box at this location.  Normally the yarn would go for five dollars and some coins at a fabric and crafts store, but I happened to snatch this up for a measly Washington.  There wasn't much yarn, but I had enough to make this little number...


Amazing what you can do with a tiny roll of yarn
Random Thought #2

I have a question for my readers and fellow Angelenos out there:  Who the [bleep] is Bubblehead?!  Seriously, who is she?

Some Bubblehead billboard on the corner of 63rd & Crenshaw in Los Angeles

A close-up
When I first saw this billboard, I thought it was an ad for some big-budget, low-brow comic book movie.  Wrong, I was.  I would see this posted on every bleeping bus bench and shelter around the city.  After some extensive research (wasn't that much research done anyway), I found out that the person behind this garbage (which is supposed to be street art in his mind, but is actually a Sony Playstation reject) goes by the name of Mike McNeilly.  He plasters this crap all over upscale neighborhoods in Los Angeles.  Not too long ago, he started plastering this Bubblehead bitch throughout South Central.  As a result, I'd like to make this statement to Mr. McNeilly:

No one in the 'hood gives a [bleep] about Bubblehead.  That is all.
 
Also, if you want to talk about real street art, Mike McNeilly, then ride west down Slauson Avenue and look to your right.  Take a good look along those train tracks and you'll see actual street art.  Better yet, I'll post some on this blog if you ever come across it.
 

 
The two pictures above...now THAT is what you call street art.  So Mike McNeilly, [bleep] you and [bleep] Bubblehead.
 
And that's my potpourri for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment