Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Songs of the Week - 10/1/2013

To make up for missing last week's post, I'm going to share with you two of my favorite songs of my life soundtrack.  The first one is...



Now tell me this ain't some good, nasty, stank breath funk music, and I'd have to make you write me an 8-page essay on the various old school artists from the '60s to the '90s, included with works cited in MLA format.

Now let me warn you, this next song I'm about to post has a highly sensitive nostalgia bomb, so play at your own risk (unless you're willing to get hit with a form of shrapnel called Memories of the '80s).



This song right here equals two words: Saturday Morning.  I don't know about any of you reading this post, but a weekly custom in a black household was that after the cartoons were finished and the kids were done munching on some cereal, it was time to put on Soul Train.  Though I may have been born in 1984, I still remember it as if it were yesterday.  The intro, the music, the dance moves, the fashions--you name it.  And the host himself, with that smooth, silky baritone voice, Mr. Don Cornelius, you will be missed.  And last I mention, the ever-famous Soul Train Line towards the end of the show had me and my cousins glued to the TV.  Memories, indeed...

Well, those are my songs of the week.  Also, my thoughts on this post:  You can really start a house party with YouTube, the way technology is.  Now I'm going to pick up my hook and yarn again and get back to crocheting some more dread hats, as I nod my head to some of this good funk right 'chea.

No comments:

Post a Comment