Monday, June 19, 2023

Juneteenth 2023 at Leimert Park - Day 2

I thought Sunday was going to be the most lively of the Juneteenth weekend, considering that we have our weekly African drum circle in the area, but it was the same turnout as Saturday.  I can't lie and say that I didn't enjoy myself, because I certainly did.

Our weekly drum circle on Degnan Blvd



Local vendor selling Beautiful African garments

I did have a great conversation with another local crocheter who had her booth set up.  She had some of the dopest handmade pieces that I've ever seen in knowing a lot of Sistas who can throw down with a hook and yarn.  This is something one would hardly see in places such as South Central Los Angeles; coincidentally, the woman and I touched base on that topic as well.  Too much talent is often overlooked in the hood, especially when it comes to crochet, so we as the crafters of the hood need to bring it to the forefront.

Today is the final day of our Juneteenth festival in Leimert Park, so there's a good chance that we may have a spectacular jubilee of sorts.  That also means I gotta slap that infamous 3-word phrase on this post since this celebration of our enslaved ancestors isn't over yet.  So yeah, to be continued and all that rah-rah.

Many thanks to TMH and the Ancestors for guiding our people out of the darkness.  May Your glorious Light shine upon those who have not yet been reached.  Γ€se πŸ™πŸΎπŸ‘‘❤️πŸ–€πŸ’š

No comments:

Post a Comment