Thursday, September 26, 2013

Been AWOL for a week...and starting another business venture

Let's just say that school right now has been kicking my butt.  Specifically in the Financial Aid department.  But I'm not out yet...that is, until I graduate next year (*Luigi voice* yay for me).

It's going to be some time before I can get my crochet business off the ground, so I'm giving you readers out there this link:

https://hollywoodblinging.kitsylane.com/join/JmcbrJ2

Yup, I'm pushing jewelry.  I'm even thinking about making some myself.  That doesn't mean that I'm putting my hook and yarn down, though.  That reminds me...I got a little story to tell you.

I made quite a lot of jewelry when I was 12 years old.  Yes, I still crocheted, but I was a clumsy little kitten for the fact that every hook I touched wound up missing in action.  But back to the jewelry thing...I did all that.  I still have a birthday necklace hanging up on my door since 1996.  My mother would buy me little Lisa Frank jewelry and needlepoint kits from a place called Pic 'N' Save (now known to citizens of Southern California as Big Lots).

I'm showing my age, aren't I?  Well, I don't care.  (LOL)

While crocheting is still the bulk of my craft time, I imagine dabbling in other things.  Jewelry was recently one of them, except there was no imagining.  After visiting a Jamaican store in Long Beach to help boost my sales, the owner gave me some pieces of what used to be wind chimes.  So I went down to the local craft store, bought some findings and fish hooks, and made some earrings from those former chimes.  Needless to say, my dear auntie (the baby of the family) currently has them in her jewelry box somewhere.  True story.

Now in case you missed that link, here it is (again, of course):

https://hollywoodblinging.kitsylane.com/join/JmcbrJ2

I owe you guys some pictures of what I've been crocheting lately, except the school computers at the campus I'm attending lack the proper software.  I would use my Android phone to take photos, but even that wouldn't look so professional, would it?

I'll be back on Monday, everybody.  Sadly, this is all I can come up with, because my brain is so burnt out that I can't even think of a snappy outro to end this post.  I need a Sprite...

No comments:

Post a Comment