Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Song of the Week - 9/10/2013

In tribute to the late Cal Worthington, owner of many car dealerships on the West Coast (including Worthington Ford of Long Beach), the song of the week is...


Now don't start jumping out your Converse Chuck Taylors just yet.  Some of you might be expecting me to post somebody like Snoop Dogg up in here, but I'm trying to keep this blog clean (no disrespect to the Doggfather)!  (smile)  I chose this song because it reminds me of my youth, growing up in Los Angeles in the mid- to late 1980s, watching Cal's zany commercials when we weren't occupied with the radio, and just having fun in a nutshell.

Since I'm paying respects to well-known folks in the SoCal, I also want to say RIP to Mix Master Spade.  Thank you for bringing us good hip hop artists like King Tee, Toddy Tee, and DJ Pooh.

Now I shall pick up my hook and yarn again, and resume crocheting.  Hopefully I'll have some more stuff to post...and even sell.

No comments:

Post a Comment